Chia Seeds… the SUPER Seed!!!
This is one powerful little seed! So nutritious and functional in so many dishes. After watching a program about Chia Seeds last night it highlighted how this simple, tasteless seed are natures new multi-vitamin. All I can say is WOW! Start adding this power packed super food to your daily diet. All you need is a couple of spoonfuls a day.
Because Chia seeds have such a mild taste they can be added to almost anything I have been adding them to my smoothies in the morning and all sorts of dishes in the evening from pasta to stir fries and even salads.
Per gram these magical seeds have:
- Twice the amount of protein than wheat, barley and rice, boosting immunity
- Five times the calcium of milk, for stronger bones
- Twice the amount of potassium as bananas, for digestion
- Three times more iron than spinach, increasing oxygen to the body
- Seven times more vitamin C than oranges
Chia seeds can be sprinkled over a variety of foods such as breakfast cereals, salads, baked goods, stir fries and much more. Alternatively you can dissolve a tablespoonful of Chia seeds into a cup of water and add it to any beverage, yoghurt, sauce, dressing, cake mixture, soup or tea. When combined with water the Chia seed dissolves to form a unique versatile gel giving you endless opportunities to add a nutritional boost to your everyday diet.
Watch out for some great recipes featuring this magic Seed!