Simple and Easy Gluten- Free Recipes
Here are some delicious recipes to keep your gluten-free diet delicious and bursting with flavours!
Chickpea, spinach and pumpkin salad (Serves 4)
1/3 cup olive oil
150g baby spinach leaves
1 cup chickpeas, cooked
250g feta cheese, crumbled
1 red onion, thinly sliced
3-4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Brush pumpkin with half the amount of olive oil and grill over a pan until soft and lightly charred.
- Toss spinach, chickpeas, grilled pumpkin, feta cheese and onions in a salad bowl.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice and pour over the salad or separately. Sprinkle mint over the top and serve at room temperature.
Quinoa with chargrilled eggplants (Serves 4)
1 cup (195g) Quinoa
3- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
1 eggplant (large), sliced lengthways
1 red capsicum, cut into cubes
1 red onion, cut into cubes
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
200g cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300ml tomato juice
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place quinoa grains in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Place grains in sauce-pan along with parsley and vegetable stock and bring to boil. Cover and allow to simmer until all the stock has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Brush eggplants, red capsicum and onion with olive then grill over a pan until soft and lightly charred on both sides. Transfer to plate.
- Put the whole tomatoes over the pan and cook for 2 minutes until they expand. This will form the beautiful tomato juice.
- Once quinoa is cooked, tip it into an ovenproof dish and gently mix in grilled vegetables and, crushed garlic, whole tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also sprinkle your favourite cheese for that extra flavour.
- Cover the dish with foil and allow to bake for 35 minutes then serve hot.