Succulent chicken in pomegranate marinade and garnished with pomegranate seeds
2 cups pomegranate seeds
½ cup pomegranate juice
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup chopped mint
2 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 whole chicken (approximately 12 chicken wings or drumsticks)
Freshly ground pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
1. Stir 1 ½ cups of pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice, orange juice, mint and orange zest in a large bowl. Marinate whole chicken (wings or drumsticks is also fine) for 2 hours at room temperature.
2. Remove chicken and shake off excess marinade. Keep the marinade aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle pomegranate seeds over chicken.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°
4. Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook the chicken in the hot oil until golden brown for 5-8 minutes.
5. Pour chicken stock and reserved marinade into the pan and bring to boil. Until sauce has reduced to half its volume.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in preheated oven for approximately 10-15minutes.
7. Pour the juices that have seeped out back onto the chicken. Add more pomegranate juice and orange zest if desired. Bake for an extra 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool. Sprinkle ½ cup of pomegranate seeds over dish and serve.