Chia recipes to impress your loved one this Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s the perfect time to get busy in the kitchen making homemade treats to impress your loved one! Why not spice up your recipes with a super food like chia seeds – rich in protein, essential fats, fibre, antioxidants and minerals to give your dishes an added nutrient boost! The below recipes are simple to make and taste absolutely delicious…
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp powdered coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ground chia
1. Mix all ingredients together using a food processor or hand blender.
2. Place in a bowl or in individual ramekins then in the fridge to solidify for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- 1 cup coconut powder
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crushed chia seeds
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl + combine well.
2. Using your hands form 10 small smooth coconut balls.
3. Lightly dampen the outside of each ball + roll in the crushed chia seeds.
4. Transfer to freezer for 30 minutes + store in an airtight container.
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 10 strawberries
- 1/2 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Cut fruit into desired size pieces. Add to a bowl.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl whisk together natural yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract and chia seeds. Pour over the fruits and mix just enough to combine. Serve chilled.