Healthy muesli treats
Whole grain muesli is packed with important nutrients such as fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. By incorporating muesli into your baking you can benefit from these nutrients more often!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free muesli (I use Morlife Goji Antiox gluten free muesli)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk bananas, almond butter and honey in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the muesli, chocolate chips, vanilla extract and sea salt until evenly combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2-3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a rack.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 410g can pear halves, drained, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup natural muesli
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 60g butter, chilled, cubed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm (base) springform cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Make crumble: Combine flour, muesli, coconut sugar and butter in a bowl. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour and muesli until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, coconut sugar and cinnamon until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flours together. Add flours and milk alternately in two batches, stirring until batter is smooth. Spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
- Arrange pear slices over batter. Sprinkle crumble over pears. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan. Slice and serve.
Natural muesli parfait
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 1/3 cups natural muesli (I use Morlife Goji Antiox natural muesli)
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
1. Combine berries, vanilla and apple juice in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes or until berries have thawed.
2. Spoon 2 tablespoons muesli into each of four 1 cup-capacity glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons yoghurt and 2 tablespoons berry mixture. Repeat with remaining muesli, yoghurt and berry mixture. Serve.