Outside the Box – Juice Recipes
Now you know which juices to choose for your family’s consumption (http://functionalfoodsblog.com/2014/navigating-the-juice-aisle), here are some creative ways to incorporate some fantastic superfood juices into your diet… that is, other than just drinking it.
Quick and easy pancakes with pomegranate syrup
1 cup Morlife Pomegranate Pure Juice
¼ cup brown sugar (or less for a less sweet syrup)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon cornflour, mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup milk (or dairy free alternative e.g. almond milk)
- To make the syrup, in a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and 1 tbsp. pomegranate juice to the butter and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix in the rest of the pomegranate juice and cinnamon. Continue stirring the mixture.
- When the juice starts to boil, add corn starch, stirring constantly until the syrup thickens.
- To make the pancakes, combine flour, milk and the egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk everything together until it forms a nice smooth batter.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat add ½ tablespoon of butter.
- When the butter has melted, swirl it around the pan to coat evenly
- Add approximately 1 ladle of batter mixture to the pan, or more or less depending on the size of pancake you would prefer. Remember the pancake will spread slightly.
- Cook the pancakes (in batches) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a spatula to carefully flip them over.
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides, transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the remaining batter, adding ½ tablespoon of butter to the pan between batches, if needed.
Acai Glazed Ham
5.5kg cooked leg ham or picnic ham
1 cup Morlife Acai with a Tropical Fruit Blend Juice
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180°C removing all shelves except one on the lowest position.
- Remove the rind from the ham, by gently lifting it off, and using your fingers to separate the rind from the fat.
- Trim the fat (if necessary) to ensure the fat is no thicker than 5mm.
- Score the fat until reaching the meat, approximately 1cm apart
- Place the ham into a large baking tray and pour 1/3 cup water into base of pan.
- For the glaze, combine the acai juice, brown sugar and dijon mustard in a bowl. Brush thickly over ham. Bake ham for approx. 45 minutes, basting with juices occasionally.
- If juices in pan evaporate too quickly, add a little more water. Transfer ham to a platter.
Goji Berry Sorbet
2 cups Goji Juice (Morlife Goji Pure juice or Morlife Goji Grape Juice)
1/4 cup sugar (only for pure goji juice)
2 tablespoons corn syrup
Morlife Goji Berries to serve
Pinch of salt
- Place the goji juice in a small saucepan with the sugar, corn syrup, juice of the lime, and salt. Bring just to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator until cold.
- Freeze sorbet in an ice cream or gelato machine according to manufacturer’s directions.