There are many ways to get creative with your protein powder, whether you add it to smoothies, pancakes, cakes or even cookies! Here’s an example recipe to get you started…
- ½ c. applesauce
- ¼ c. honey
- ½ c. peanut butter
- ¼ c. water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 4 scoops protein powder
- ½ c. old fashioned oats
- ½ c. dried fruit such as blueberries, cranberries, or raisins
- 3 c. high fiber cereal
- ¼ c. ground flax seed
- 4 tbsp. dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together applesauce, honey, peanut butter, water, vanilla, egg, protein powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour.
- Toss in the oats, fruit, cereal, and flax seed.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet in ¼ scoops.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.