Quick and easy quinoa
Earlier this week we talked about the many benefits of quinoa. If you haven’t cooked with it before, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to whip up a delicious quinoa dish in no time at all! Here are some recipes to show you just how versatile this grain really is…
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 4 large apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in cold water and drain. Place the rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to a rolling boil. Turn down to low heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and add in cinnamon and sea salt.
- Layer quinoa, slivered almonds, apples and yoghurt in four serving glasses. Repeat until glasses are filled.
- Pour almond milk over the quinoa. Drizzle with honey and serve.
- 1/2 large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- large handful bocconcini, torn into bight size pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bight size little trees. Place in a roasting dish, drizzle with some olive oil, season and roast, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is golden on the edges and cooked through.
- Rinse quinoa well and place in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water and the tomato paste. Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Season.
- Divide cauliflower between two warm plates, scatter over quinoa, cheese and chives. Enjoy!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, egg and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased or lined baking sheet in heaping spoonfuls.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.