Winter Begone Recipes
450g Brussels sprouts, fresh
balsamic vinegar to taste
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup Morlife Dried Cranberries
½ cup chopped raw pecans
salt to taste as needed after cooking
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 cup cranberry sauce
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
¼ tsp. fresh orange zest
- Wash and dry your sprouts. Remove any outer dead or browned leaves. Slice into halves and/or quarters.
- Add oil to a non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add in sprouts and 2 Tbsp. balsamic.
- Add in 2 Tbsp. water and cover with lid.
- Allow to steam cook for 2-4 minutes – or until sprouts start to become tender. Remove lid.
- Add another splash of balsamic.
- Saute for another few minutes. Adding more water if needed.
- Add in dried cranberries, pepper and pecans.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, combine cranberry sauce, 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil and orange zest.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds – or until warmed.
- Place Brussels sprouts in serving bowl – top with cranberry topping. Serve warm.
1 cup Morlife Quinoa Grain
2 cups water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or pomegranate vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup dried Morlife cranberries
½ cup dried figs, chopped
¼ cup Morlife Pomegranate Seeds
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cups chopped kale leaves or baby kale leaves
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese or ricotta
- Place 1 cup of quinoa in a sieve and rinse under running water (to remove any remaining saponin content) or if you have the time, soak the quinoa for 10 minutes in a bowl of water, then rinse.
- Add quinoa to 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for around 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes with the lid on. Fluff quinoa gently with a fork then it is ready to use.
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl and toss with vinegar, honey, cranberries, pomegranate seeds and figs.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add kale leaves. Saute 1-2 minutes until kale is just tender.
- Add kale to the quinoa mixture, along with salt, pine nuts and goat cheese. Toss well and serve.
4 large apples, cored and cut into chunks
125 ml orange juice
Zest from 1 lemon
120g Morlife Goji berries
½ cup almond meal
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20g coconut oil
1tsp Morlife Chia Seeds
Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Place Goji berries in a bowl, cover with water and allow to soak for 20 minutes
- Combine the apples, orange juice and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes until the apples are soft and liquid has evaporated.
- Drain the Goji berries and then fold through the warm apple mixture.
- Place apple mixture into a baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, coconut, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, chia seeds and honey until all are coated.
- Sprinkle over the apple and Goji mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.